Vegan Easter Candy!!!

milkbunny3

I have a serious sweet tooth, so I thought I’d never be able to follow a Plant Strong Diet because it doesn’t allow sugar. But giving up sugar was easier than I thought it would be, mostly thanks to medjool dates. Once reserved for royalty, medjool dates are so soft and sweet that they taste like caramel. I use them to sweeten everything from chocolate pudding to hot chocolate.

As wonderful as date-sweetened desserts are, there are times when I still eat regular ol’ sugar. I try not to do this often, but it’s an indulgence I allow myself for holidays. That being said, Easter is fast approaching so bring on the candy!

Here’s my vegan Easter candy round up:

Rice Crisp Bunny & Chocolate Eggs

This adorable vegan chocolate bunny speckled with rice crisps and flavored solid chocolate eggs makes a delightful vegan Easter gift. From Allison’s Gourmet.

file_4_2

Rice Crisp Bunny & Chocolate Eggs

Veeps – Vegan Peeps

No Easter basket is complete without a few Peeps. Thankfully, Sweet & Sara make a vegan version of this must-have Easter treat. And isn’t this Veep photo from Bittersweet adorable!

8528623073_08022f3e7b_z

Vegan Peeps

Spring Organic Vegan Dark Chocolates

If you want to ignite a Spring romance, this box of chocolates from Eco3P might just do the trick.

f09429e98ea896b96fc5ee772b98190c

P Spring Organic Vegan Dark Chocolates

Box of Chocolate Bunnies

Give your loved ones healthy Easter treats with Organic & Fair Trade chocolate from Mama Ganache! They have a great selection of Easter goodies like these delicious handmade Bunnies.

Six-Chococlate-Bunnies_png_644x0_q100_crop-smart

Box of Chocolate Bunnies

Jelly Beans

Get your vegan jelly beans from Vegan Sweets. And if you’re giving them to a grown up, why not fill a martini glass instead of a basket.

jelly-bean-martini

Jelly Bean Martini

Easter Eggs Gift Box

Celebrate Easter with a gift box of fairly traded and organic egg-shaped chocolates! Be sure to get the dark chocolate ones that are not only vegan, but also soy and gluten-free. From Equal Exchange.

500x1000px-LL-60daae3d_fairtradeeasterchocolatesvegan

Organic Easter Eggs Gift Box

Mikey the Magical Milkless Bunny

I love the fun collection of chocolate bunnies from Premium Chocolatiers like Mikey the Magical Milkless Bunny and Vincent Van Vegan Painter Bunny. I also read on Go Dairy Free that these chocolates are especially tasty.

milkbunny3

Mikey the Magical Milkless Bunny

Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Easter Egg

This milk chocolate tasting dairy free Easter egg has infused pieces of caramelized hazelnut in the shell. Sounds delish! It’s manufactured by MooFree in the UK.

moo-free-easter-hazelnut-egg-hi-res

Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Easter Egg

Happy Easter!

Jelly Bean Martini photo courtesy of Elle Ellinghaus. Mikey the Magical Milkless Bunny photo courtesy of Go Dairy Free.

About these ads

About celestedimilla

Hey there. I’m Celeste, California girl, writer, psychotherapist and burgeoning plant-based foodie.
This entry was posted in Daily Life, Resources and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Vegan Easter Candy!!!

1. All of these look so delicious! I hope you have a wonderful Easter! :)

2. Stacey says:

Happy Easter to you, too, my dear! Great post, I love it.

3. Ralph says:

Happy Easter Celeste <3

4. Cimeron says:

Love this post! Thank you for sharing all these yummy vegan Easter treats!

5. diahannreyes says:

Making sure my vegan guy, who has a very sweet tooth, sees this. Thank you, Celeste. PS- cool event at the vegan museum this weekend.

• I wish I could check out the vegan museum this weekend, but no can do! My husband and I are in the process of getting our house ready to put on the market and are shopping around for a new house. I’m gonna be busy on weekends for the next few months. Once the move is behind us, I’ll finally be able to get out to that museum and hopefully do lunch with you too!! Hope you’re having a great week! Celeste :)

6. Mmmmmmm, chocolate! I want that hazelnut egg now! :)
    I bought my son an Easter bunny chocolate at the health food store this week, and I’ve been tempted to break into it since! Trying to resist.
    I hope you have a happy Easter as well, Celeste! xo Sophia

• You’ve got more will power than I do girlfriend!! When there’s chocolate in our house, I have to have my husband lock it up in his office so I don’t scarf it down in one sitting. I’m sure that anticipation of seeing the look on your kiddo’s face when he opens the bunny is helping you to resist. As always, thanks for your support! Celeste :)

• I’ve been trying to get onto your blog for the past five minutes Sophia and for some reason I can’t get there. It might just be some problem on my end, but I thought I’d let you know incase there’s something happening on your end. Have a great weekend! Celeste :)

• Oh boy :( I got a notification saying my site was down for 53 minutes last night! I think it’s because Finding Vegan shared a recipe of mine, and I got more than usual traffic. Oh, the perils of being self hosted! Everything is back to normal today, Celeste. Thank you for letting me know. XO

7. carmen says:

What a deeelightful post!! Lots of great ideas for vegan Easter treats! I love marzipan covered with fair trade dark chocolate. Marzipan is made with almonds and sugar, that’s my weakness.

Happy Easter!!
    ♥ carmen

8. Reblogged this on ohh so fattening and commented:
    Honk If You’re Vegan posted an amazing list of Vegan Easter Candy options. Go check it out!

9. Why is sugar not considered plant based?

• That’s a great question!!!

I’ll start by sharing that I’m not a nutritionist or expert and am only sharing what I’ve read. First of all, some sugar is plant based. It’s only “not” considered “vegan” when it’s processed with bone char (charcoal made from animal bones). Here’s a link that shares more about sugar and how it’s processed: http://www.vegsource.com/jo/qa/qasugar.htm

Secondly, the Plant Strong diet that I follow is plant based, but it is also a whole foods diet. The reason sugar is not allowed is because it is not a whole food. Whole foods are foods that are not altered from the way they are in nature. Sugar beets are a whole food, but sugar that is made from sugar beets is not a whole food.

I hope that helps! Here is a link about a Whole Foods Plant Based Diet if you’re interested:

Hope you’re having a great week! Celeste :)

• Celeste answered the question about sugar & plant based well. It once was a plant! But it isn’t whole food :( there are other sweeteners that are minimally processed which will satisfy any sweet tooth! Raw honey, raw agave, unprocessed stevia, coconut sugar, Lucuma powder and in baking you can sub with apple sauce/purée or banana.

10. Poppy says:

Ah look at all that chocolate!!! I’ve never heard of peeps before, I’m going to look then up. I hope you have a yummy Easter Celeste :)

11. Compassionate Tummies says:

Thank you for this great list. I love Easter and can’t wait for my little tummy to be old enough to partake in the festivities (sweets and all).
    I too have a horrific sweet tooth and I just discovered the magical taste of Medjool dates. I had to buy them for a recipe and since I never had one I decided to give it a try. I was amazed how much like caramel they tasted. Now I keep them around to ease my late night candy craving.

12. FittyUpdike says:

Thanks so much for this! Totally gonna try to make those peeps!

13. Lauzan says:

Moo free is available in France, and it’s really good!! Thanks for this post, Celeste! :)

14. You have the best round-ups, girl!

15. stacilys says:

Heyyyyy, great hearing from ya. I was just thinkin about ya the other day. I more than share your passion for sweets, especially chocolate. And I too absolutely love dates. They’re a bit pricey here, but I buy just for me being that my hubby and daughter aren’t very interested in them. My son likes them, but he doesn’t eat them often. I like making chocolate nut balls with them. Yummmmmmmy. :-)

• Dates are pricey here too, but I figure that it’s worth it for the sake of health. Your chocolate nut balls sound heavenly chica!! I’ve seen so many vegan ball recipes, but I’ve never made any. Maybe I should get on that as a healthy way to satisfy my sweet tooth. Celeste :)

16. One of the challenging And fun parts of being vegan and having vegan grandchildren is finding some tasty alternatives to chickens’s eggs and milk chocolate at Easter time. I haven’t seen many commercial items in my neck of the woods (Montreal) so I usually troll the internet looking for some tasty recipes. I did manage to find some last year. I will have to pull them and get busy.
    Happy Easter to all!

17. Tammi says:

Celeste – these are some great treats you have found – especially the vegan peeps and chocolate eggs! I just found dark chocolate caramels today at Whole Foods! So excited for options :)

18. My mouth is officially watering! I hope you have a nice holiday :)

19. Sophie33 says:

All of these vegan cadies & vegan delicacies look so appetizing too! Yum Yum yumm! A Happy Vegan easter to you & your loved one’s, dear Celeste! x

20. Liz says:

All those candies look extra special. Wow I have a sudden craving for chocolate…

21. Mike Lince says:

Your photos had me salivating as I went through your story. Caramel and white chocolate are my weak spots, and some would say gummy bears, too. I was hoping to find out how Easter is made special here in Spain. So far we have seen no egg dye kits, chocolate bunnies or seasonal jelly beans, etc. I always had Easter baskets of goodies for my girls when they were little. Every year I had to find a new hiding place because the always looked first where I hid them in year previous. I have yet to determine if the Spaniards have similar customs for Easter. Happy Easter to you! – Mike

22. What a lovely little blog! I am so happy to have found you! You have many of the same interests as me, so I think we could be fast friends! Thanks so much for the follow!